We all know Ram increases performance of our computer. RAM serves as a temporary storage and also allows operating system a working space so as to perform its operation smoothly. We can extend the ram only if motherboard supports or when there is an extra slot.
Here we give you a How-to on using your flash mass storage devices like pen Drives, SD cards as RAM in Windows XP, 7 or Windows 8.
In order to use flash mass storage devices such as Pen Drive, memory card, external hard drive, etc. as RAM in Windows we can follow the following steps.
For using Pen Drive as RAM in Windows 7/8 or Windows 8.1
1. Insert Pen Drive which has to be used as RAM into USB port of your PC or LAPTOP
2 .Click start button and go to my computer.
3 .Select your Pen Drive there and press right button.
4 .Select format option and then format the device.
Select format option and then format the device.
5. Now again select Pen Drive and press right button. Then click on properties.
6. Select Ready Boost tab and then click on use on this device.
7. Now allocate space to use
8. Click on apply and then ok
Select Ready Boost tab and then click on use on this device
For using Pen Drive as RAM in Windows XP
1. Insert your Pen Drive to USB port of your PC or laptops.
2. Then format your Pen Drive.
3. Select start menu and click on my computer.
4. Now select my computer and press right button. Then select properties.
5. Select Advance tab and then click Setting under performance.
6. Then click on advance and after that click on change button under virtual memory.
7. Select your Pen Drive.
8. Now click on custom size and set initial size and maximum size. Initial size and maximum size can be set by subtracting 5 MB from your Pen Drive size.
9. Then apply all changes.
10. In order to run this operation restart your PC or laptop.
A point to be noted is that do not unplug your Pen Drive when it is being used.
For using other flash mass storage devices such as memory card, external hard drive the same steps can be adopted.
Rather than doing each step manually, a software called ebooster can be used. So that all these steps will be performed by the software. Its trial version allows you to use your Pen Drive as RAM for 4 hours continuously.
Happy Tech’ing with oneTechBuddy!